Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pro's & Con's

For our English 9 class we are expected to write in our blog quite frequently and even though sometimes it can be fun, it also can be a drag. For this post we were required to talk about the Pro's and Con's of blogging. Ok, so the pro's pretty much can just be laid out right now. You can write about your life so I guess its kind of like a diary, once your blog is going you can get quite a lot of people reading it, and also if you do write in it for English class it’s a fairly easy grade compared to being forced to write essays. There are actually a few Con's too that actually bother me a little bit. For one, I don’t really like being "forced" to write things I don’t want to. To me its pretty much like forcing me to read something that I don’t want to read. I would rather choose a book out of a group of them instead of just being forced to read a specific one, just like how I would write in this blog for a class but on my own time rather than with guidelines. I think that if our grade depended on how good the blog progressed and how interesting it was then kids would update it more regularly and it would be more like a twitter account thing. Overall I feel rather positive about the whole blog thing because its defiantly not the hardest assignment that we had and it can really help our grade if we take a few minutes every week to write a new post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment